Art Club and Student Council are hosting a Halloween Dance on October 31st from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. The dance will take place in the gym and cost of admission will be $5.00.
Franklin County High School
Halloween Costume Contest Expectations
In an effort to enjoy and celebrate Halloween at FCHS appropriately, respectfully,
and in accordance with school rules, we ask that students use the following guidelines when
selecting a costume.
- No head coverings or masks that conceal the identity of the student. Staff members must be able to identify students.
- No costumes that are provocative, revealing, sexual in nature, or employ questionable props.
- No costumes that depict violence, alcohol, or drugs. Fake weapons are not allowed.
- No costumes that could be offensive or perpetuate a stereotype of someone’s culture, gender, heritage, or religion.
- No costumes should hinder your ability to participate in your classes, including P.E.
Costumes may not disrupt or impede hallway traffic or present issues of safety in the hallway.
- Students must have the signed student acknowledgement form complete to be able to purchase a wristband.
- Students must purchase a wristband for $1 before the start of 1st period on Halloween (10/31) to be able to participate.
3.Wristbands can be purchased before school Monday (10/27) through Friday (10/31) in the main office from 7:45-8:20 am. They can also be paid for during lunches on Wednesday (10/29) and Thursday (10/30).
- Students MUST wear their wristband on Friday in order to participate. Students without a wristband will be asked to remove their costume.
Students wearing questionable costumes will be asked to change into normal school attire and issued school consequences. If you have any questions regarding the appropriateness of your costume idea, we encourage you to speak with Mr. Isaacs, Mr. Holland, or Mr. Hofer prior to Halloween.
There will be prizes awarded for the following categories: Most Creative, Best Literary/Movie character, Best Duo, Best Faculty member. Gift cards will be awarded to each category.
Most Creative: an original idea using your own materials/household supplies, etc.
Best Literary/Movie character: dress as your favorite fictional character
Best Duo: pair up with a friend and come as a duo (ex: mario/luigi; mickey/minnie)
Best Faculty member: any teacher/staff at FCHS who dresses up is eligible
Student Acknowledgment Form
(Must be printed or can be found in the main office or outside of room 104)