February 2024 Educator of the Month

Superintendent, Ms. Tammy Chavis, is honored to announce that Mrs. Erin Lambert and Cooper have been selected as February’s “Educators of the Month.”

Mrs. Lambert is the Student Support Specialist for BES and MCS and Cooper is the Therapy Dog at BES. Mrs. Lambert has been with Franklin County Community Schools for the last seven years. Erin attended IU East where she received her Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Social Work.

Mrs. Lambert was nominated for this honor by a parent. When asked why Erin should be considered for this recognition, she responded, “Mrs. Lambert and her sidekick, Cooper, have been a huge help in making my son feel comfortable. My son tells me all the time how all of the students at BES love Mrs. Lambert and Cooper! Our schools could not function without the amazing support of our staff. They support families, students, teachers, and administrators in so many ways. Mrs. Lambert plays a big role at BES, and she deserves to be celebrated.”

In addition to her responsibilities at BES and MCS, Mrs. Lambert volunteers at her church. She loves to vacation, read, craft, and spend time with her family.

When asked what she loves most about her job, Mrs. Lambert responded, “The best part of my job is building relationships with students and their families. I enjoy working with students to overcome obstacles in order to be successful in the classroom. I remind students, every day is a new day.”

“I also love being able to bring Cooper to school with me. I have watched him bring smiles, laughs, and comfort to so many students and staff.”

The purpose of the “Educator of the Month” program is to recognize outstanding Franklin County educators who demonstrate excellence in the classroom, leadership in the school, dedication to the students, and involvement in the community. Nomination forms for “Educator of the Month” can be found on the school corporation website at www.fccsc.k12.in.us.