January 2024 Support Staff of the Month

Director of Operations, Mr. Keith Isaacs, is pleased to announce that Mrs. Rickelle Young has been selected as January’s “Support Staff of the Month.” Rickelle currently serves as Secretary/Treasurer at Brookville Elementary School.

Rickelle has worked with FCCSC for five years. Rickelle attended IVY Tech and received an Associates of Medical Assisting degree, as well as earning certification as a Certified Medical Professional Coder.

Rickelle was nominated for this honor by multiple teachers and students, at Brookville Elementary School. When asked why Mrs. Young should be considered for this recognition, they responded, “Rickelle does so much for our school! She is dependable and always has a smile on her face! She is a hard worker and handles all of her responsibilities well.” They also stated that, “Rickelle is the first one in the morning to greet you with a smile and say hello!”

When asked what makes Rickelle stand out from her colleagues, they responded, “Rickelle has a lot of responsibilities here at school. She is an excellent secretary! She is always kind no matter the stress she is under. A teacher also stated, “Rickelle has three boys of her own and despite all the responsibilities of her personal life she is always here with a smile on her face! She handles stress well and as a special ed. teacher I can depend on her to get IEPs and notify me of new students. She communicates well with staff and always keeps us up to date on any changes, etc.”

Outside of work Rickelle is involved with the 12th Man Club and 4H. When asked what do you like to do in your free time, she stated, “I like to spend time with my family, go boating, and watch my boys play sports and participate in 4H.”

When asked what the best part of her job is, Mrs. Young stated, “I love building a relationship with the students during their time a BES and getting to know their personalities individually. It truly is an honor when I see the students outside school and they run up excited to see me and introduce me to their families. It’s such a blessing as well, to work with some amazing co-workers that make coming to work not feel like a job, but a family.”

The purpose of the “Support Staff of the Month” program is to recognize outstanding Franklin County Community School Corporation Support Staff who demonstrate dedication to his/her job, school, students, and community. Nomination forms for “Support Staff of the Month” can be found on the school corporation website at www.fccsc.k12.in.us.