March 2023 Educator of the Month

Superintendent, Ms. Tammy Chavis, is thrilled to announce that Mrs. Annetta Brack, third grade teacher at Brookville Elementary School, has been selected as March’s “Educator of the Month.” 

Annetta graduated from Indiana University and Indiana University East with her Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education. Mrs. Brack started her teaching career elsewhere for 21 years before deciding to join the Franklin County Community School Corporation in 2017. Wow, what an astonishing 27 years teaching third grade! 

Annetta was nominated for this honor by six parents and one student. When asked why Mrs. Brack should be considered for this recognition, they responded, “I honestly don’t know if there are enough positive adjectives in the English language to describe Annetta. She makes every child in her classroom feel like they can accomplish anything and makes them eager to learn. She teaches more than math, spelling, and language. She also teaches children to be kind and polite young people. Mrs. Brack’s genuine love and concern for her students makes her stand out above all! She pours her heart into her job and because of that, students will remember her as the teacher that always took a little extra time to listen to what they had to say or gave them the hug they needed that day. Another quality that makes Annetta stand out is her excellent communication with parents. She always keeps me informed on what my child needs extra help/time on at home. In all, Mrs. Brack truly goes above and beyond to make every student feel special, grow their confidence in themselves, and excel to their very best!” 

Aside from Educator of the Month, in 2015, Mrs. Brack was selected as a finalist in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis for the Saint Theodora Guerin Excellence in Education Award. 

Although Annetta is not involved with any particular organization, she always supports the happenings in our community. Mrs. Brack added, “I am proud to be from FC!” 

In her free time, Annetta loves spending time with her family and being a “Mimi” to her first grandchild, Cora. They all enjoy vacationing together on the beach. 

When asked what she loves most about her job, Mrs. Brack responded, “The best part of my job is making children feel special and loved, every one of them for the past 27 years. I like to make a connection with every child. I especially love when they ‘graduate’ from third grade and return to my classroom for a talk/visit or have a special conversation when met in public. Once one of my kiddos, always one of my kiddos!” 
The purpose of the “Educator of the Month” program is to recognize outstanding Franklin County educators who demonstrate excellence in the classroom, leadership in the school, dedication to the students, and involvement in the community. Nomination forms for “Educator of the Month” can be found on the school corporation website at www.fccsc.k12.in.us.