January 2023 Educator of the Month

Superintendent, Ms. Tammy Chavis, is pleased to announce that Mrs. Beth Kaiser, Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher at Franklin County Middle and High School, has been selected as January’s “Educator of the Month.” 

Mrs. Kaiser is in her 34th year of teaching in Franklin County. She has served in many different capacities including 20 years as a student council sponsor at Mt. Carmel, 30 years as a cheerleading coach at Mt. Carmel and Franklin County Middle School, FCCLA Adviser, and the FACS Department Chairperson. Prior to her career at Franklin County Schools, Mrs. Kaiser earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Vocational Home Economics from Purdue University.  

Beth was nominated for this honor by a student. When asked why Mrs. Kaiser should be considered for this recognition, the student responded, “She is a fabulous teacher and you can tell she is interested in her students’ feelings and concerns. She truly cares and wants to help everyone. She goes above and beyond for all students and staff. Overall, Mrs. Kaiser is a wonderful teacher!”  

In addition to her educator roles, Beth is a member of several organizations including the Extension Homemakers Club 21, Delta Theta Tau, Empowering Young Families, and her church. Beth has also served many years as secretary for the 4-H Association. 

Beth spends her daily “free time” walking and exercising. She enjoys traveling and spending quality time with friends. During the summer, she likes to harvest her organic garden and relax on her patio. Above all else, Beth’s favorite time is being with her family and playing with her grandchildren. 

When asked what she loves most about her job, Mrs. Kaiser responded, “I feel fulfilled when a student emails me and writes in their words ‘You care about me and what goes on in my family, so I should care about you and your family. You were the first teacher that I had here at this school and you were the first person I actually trusted in a long time. I love you and I care.’ I enjoy when I have past students come up to me and say I still have my project that was made in your class and I can still sew or I am cooking for my family now. Lastly, I enjoy my fellowship with my staff members. I cherish being with them and helping them when they need me to listen and just be there for them.” 

The purpose of the “Educator of the Month” program is to recognize outstanding Franklin County educators who demonstrate excellence in the classroom, leadership in the school, dedication to the students, and involvement in the community. Nomination forms for “Educator of the Month” can be found on the school corporation website at www.fccsc.k12.in.us.