Miss Taylor Erfman – January’s Educator of the Month

Miss Taylor Erfman

Miss Taylor Erfman has been teaching for Franklin County Community Schools for one year. Taylor received her bachelor’s degree in Biology and Chemistry from Manchester University. She is now furthering her education at the University of Saint Francis. 

Superintendent, Ms. Tammy Chavis, is thrilled to announce that Miss Taylor Erfman, biology and algebra teacher at Franklin County High School, has been selected as January’s “Educator of the Month.” 

Miss Erfman was nominated for this honor by a student. When asked why Miss Erfman should be considered for this recognition, the student responded, “Taylor took her personal time to help me stay on track. No other teacher has had such an important impact on me. She includes everyone and no child is left behind.” 

In addition to her teaching responsibilities, Taylor is the middle school co-ed golf head coach and the high school girls varsity golf assistant coach. 

When not at school, Taylor enjoys spending time with her family and friends. If it’s warm outside, she can be found on the golf course. Taylor also loves concerts, traveling to new places, and taking a good nap. 

When asked what she loves most about her job, Miss Erfman responded, “The best part of my job is being able to work with my former teachers and learning new things from them daily. Working at Franklin County High School was a dream of mine when I decided I was going to embark on this teaching journey and I never would have imagined I would start directly out of college. It has been such a blessing being able to learn from the people that had such a tremendous impact on my life. I have had so much support since I stepped foot into the building and I am so grateful to be able to do something I love everyday with people who truly make it enjoyable.” 

The purpose of the “Educator of the Month” program is to recognize outstanding Franklin County educators who demonstrate excellence in the classroom, leadership in the school, dedication to the students, and involvement in the community. Nomination forms for “Educator of the Month” can be found on the school corporation website at www.fccsc.k12.in.us.