October Educator of the Month

Third year FCHS art teacher, Mrs. Elizabeth (Conese) Krehbiel, has been named as October’s “Educator of the Month”.  Mrs. Krehbiel was nominated for this recognition by a couple of former art students.  Both students mentioned the respect, support, and consideration that Mrs. Krehbiel displays for her students.  “She is cheerful and kind toward everyone.”

Mrs. Krehbiel is a graduate of Miami University.  She holds a Bachelor of Science in Art Education with a minor in Ceramics.  While a student at Miami University, Krehbiel student taught at Brookville Elementary under the supervision of Ms. Mary Sorrells.  

In addition to her classroom duties, Ms. Krehbiel is sponsor of the FCHS art club.  She likes to brag that her art club has been awarded “Best Club Float” during the Homecoming Parade for the last three years.  She is also very proud of her students’ instagram page and welcomes followers at www.instagram.com/fchsart.   

Outside of school, Ms. Krehbiel remains active with the Miami Art Education Alumni Group.  She also enjoys attending art exhibitions, creating her own art, and going to concerts.  

When asked about the best part of her job, Krehbiel stated, “The absolute best part of my job is getting to work with such awesome, thoughtful, amazing, and talented students every day.  We truly have great students here at FCHS and I’m really lucky that I get to be their teacher.  Sometimes when I get overwhelmed or stressed out at the end of long day I think to myself, “This is your dream job! You’re living the dream!” It sounds cheesy but it’s true.  I’m very lucky.”  Superintendent, Dr. Debbie Howell, pointed out that, “Mrs. Krehbiel, enthusiasm, creativity, and ability to relate to students has made her a valuable part of the FCHS team.”

The purpose of the “Educator of the Month” program is to recognize outstanding Franklin County educators who demonstrate excellence in the classroom, leadership in the school, dedication to the students, and involvement in the community.  Nomination forms for “Educator of the Month” can be found on the school corporation website at www.fccsc.k12.in.us.