Great Student / Parent Resource from NACAC – click HERE!
|9TH GRADE – Welcome to FCHS
- Review your schedule and HS Graduation or 4 Year Plan – are you on track? Thinking about Academic or Technical Honors?
- Continue your involvement in extra-curricular activities!
- Be ready for the October PSAT – ALL Sophomores will take this exam.
- College Readiness discussion will follow.
- AP Potential Report will be generated.
- Take a career explorer test like http://www.indianacareerexplorer.com/ . This can help you to figure out what you are interested in and even to eliminate possible career paths.
- Earn the highest grades you can – remember – every credit counts!
- Get more serious about researching colleges. Be sure to speak to the college admissions counselors that come to FCHS. It is never too early to visit the campuses. This can make all the difference on whether or not you like a school.
- Have you taken a Dual Credit course yet? AP? Take a Course on Us (TACO U)? If not, why not?
- Many sophomores will get their first job this year. Any job experience is beneficial. If you are able, try to get a job at a location that interests you and the career path that you may want to take.
- Start becoming involved in school or community based activities that let you explore your interests and learn new things. Taking part in activities such as these can help you when applying to colleges as well as help you to stand out when applying for scholarships. If entering the workforce right away, it can also help you to land a job more quickly.
- Are you a 21st Century Scholar? Log in to your ScholarTrack today and update your information. Do not get behind on this. There are three sessions to complete each year. Also, you must maintain a minimum 2.5 Cumulative GPA.
- Be sure that you are always checking your school emails for important updates from the guidance office and the school.