Technology Initiatives @ FCCSC
Technology Mission: The vision of the Franklin County Community School Corporation is to provide students with the knowledge and skills to become lifelong learners who can adapt to meet the challenges of the future. The Franklin County Community School Corporation will pursue and support an environment which maximizes the integration and use of technology by students and staff throughout the curriculum, thereby extending their potential to adapt, manage, and participate in a technological world.
1:1 Initiative Timeline
|August 2012||1st deployment of 1:1 devices (Kunos) to FCHS freshmen (class of 2016)|
|August 2012||Freshman science classes (Biology and Earth Space) implemented digital curriculum|
|January 2013||All freshman core courses implemented digital curriculum (Biology I, Earth Space, Algebra I, World History, and World Geography).|
|August 2013||2nd deployment of 1:1 devices (Chromebooks) to FCHS freshmen and sophomores|
|August 2013||Digital content utilized in all freshmen and sophomore courses.|
|August 2014||3rd deployment of 1:1 devices (Chromebooks) to all FCHS students 9-12|
|August 2015||4th deployment of 1:1 devices (Chromebooks) to all FCHS students 9-12|
|Spring 2015||Professional development for 5-8 teachers|
|Summer 2016||Professional development for 5-8 teachers|
|August 2016||5th deployment of 1:1 devices (Chromebooks) to all FCHS students 9-12 and students in grades 5-8|
Congratulations to the FCCSC staff for meeting their 2014-15 Corporation Improvement Goal. Each year the Superintendent, in collaboration with the Administrative Team, develops a Corporation Improvement Goal. This year’s Corporation Improvement Goal was designed to support the Corporation’s 1:1 Digital Learning Initiative coupled with the Corporation’s migration to Google Docs. The goal was for all certificated employees to become familiar with, and begin utilizing Google Docs as an educational tool by the end of the first semester. Certificated employees in grades Pre-K through 8 were required to participate in Google Docs training. The 9-12 requirement was to create a student assignment, activity, or assessment utilizing Google Docs. We are pleased to announce that 100% of the FCCSC staff achieved this goal in their pursuit to support an environment which maximizes the integration and use of technology.
Available Technology @ FCCSC
- All classrooms have wireless Internet access.
- Pole Vault System – This system allows teachers to present digital media to an entire classroom.
- Voice Lift System – Amplifies the teachers voice for better clarity.
- Classrooms at BES will soon feature an interactive touch display for whole class instruction.
- Mobis (Mobile Whiteboards)
- Student Response Systems (clickers)
- Document Cameras
- Interactive Smart Boards
- All students at FCHS are issued a Chromebook
- FCHS Media Center provides an e-book lending library.
- Point of Sale Cafeteria system featuring NutriKids
- Power School student information system
- All buildings feature security cameras covering interior corridors, common areas, and building entrances.