Board Policy Concerning Non-Resident Transfer Students
6.6 Non-Resident Transfers
A. Non-Resident Transfers : Defined
A student that does not reside within the Franklin County Community School Corporation boundaries but wishes to attend a Franklin County Community School Corporation school.
The Franklin County Community School Corporation reserves the right for non-admission of non- resident transfer students.
Non-Resident Transfers: Procedures
1. A non-resident transfer application shall be completed by a parent or guardian. Applications are available at the corporation’s website or at the Administration Office.
2. Copies of the following shall be provided upon request: grades, behavior records, attendance
records, current IEP, current 504 plan, etc.
3. An interview with the student and/or parent may be conducted at the discretion of the Building Principal or Superintendent.
4. The Superintendent of the school corporation in which the student resides must complete a “Non- Resident Student Admission Acknowledgement” form.
5. If the student participates or intends to participate in high school athletics; the athletic director of
the resident school corporation and the athletic director from the non-resident school corporation must complete an “Athletic Transfer” form.
6. Following a review of the aforementioned information, a determination is made by the
Superintendent of Schools and parents are notified.
Non-Resident Transfers: Considerations
1. Potential impact on class size(s).
2. Potential impact on staff.
3. Potential impact on resources.
4. Academic, behavior, and attendance records of student.
5. Would special accommodations, as per the IEP or 504 Plan, place an undo burden on the school corporation?
6. Is the transfer in the best interest of the student?
Non-Resident Transfers: Provisions
1. The Franklin County Community School Corporation shall not be responsible for providing transportation.
2. The student shall maintain a “C” average (2.0 on a 4.0 scale).
3. The student shall maintain a 95 % or higher attendance rate.
4. If the student engages in any behavior that results in a suspension or expulsion, the student shall be withdrawn from the FCCSC.
5. Transfer request are granted for one school year only. A new application must be completed each year.
6. Students who attended the Franklin County Community School Corporation the previous year(s)
will be given preference over new applicants.
7. High school seniors will be permitted to attend through graduation if they were legal residents in the school corporation on the last day of their junior year.
8. The Board of School Trustees reserves the right to incorporate other conditions for non-resident transfer students as permitted by Indiana School Laws and Rules, Indiana Code, and Rules adopted by the Indiana State Board of Education.
9. The Superintendent shall be granted the discretion to grant or deny any and all non-resident
Non-Resident Transfers: Tuition
1. If a non-resident student is enrolled prior to the first official ADM date established by the Indiana Department of Education, cash tuition shall not be charged to the student/parent/guardian.
2. If a non-resident student is enrolled after the first official ADM date established by the Indiana Department of Education, cash tuition shall be charged to the student/parent/guardian. Tuition
shall calculated by the Corporation Treasurer and a payment schedule shall be provided to the
student/parent/guardian. If payments are not made in a timely manner, the non-resident transfer student shall be withdrawn from the FCCSC.
Legal References: IC 20-26-11-5 IC 20-26-11-6