Nixle is a secure communications service available to municipal, county, and state government agencies. Franklin County Community Schools utilizes this service to send important messages via text to the community.
There is NO spam and no hidden cost; you receive messages as part of your cell phone text messaging plan.
Please register now at the company’s main web site: www.nixle.com. There you can also access their Frequently Asked Questions. If you change your email or cell phone, be sure and change your Nixle account. Neither the school nor the administration building can change your information for you.
You can receive technical and non-technical assistance directly from Nixle by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org
It has come to our attention that some community members are not receiving Nixle text messages regarding school closing and delay information. Our investigation into this matter revealed that those not receiving messages had not chosen Franklin County Community Schools as an agency to receive messages from. Please use the guide below to help verify that your Nixle account settings accurately reflect the agencies from which you wish to receive Nixle messages. Furthermore, it is recommend that you periodically check your Nixle account settings for accuracy. If you need additional support, please contact Nixle support at email@example.com.
Modifying/Verifying Nixle Text Message Settings
- Login to your Nixle account at nixle.com.
- Click on the Settings tab as shown in the screenshot below.
- Make sure you are looking at the MAIN directory of subscriptions.
- Click the “Subscribe” checkbox next to Franklin County Community School Corp.
- Select from the drop down menu your choice of alerts. It is recommended that you select “Alerts, Advisories”. All school closing and delay information will be sent as an alert or advisory.
- Click the Save button.
- Next, you should check to be certain your account information is up to date by clicking on the “Account” tab. Be sure to click the Save button if you make any changes.
- You will now receive via text message, Nixle Alert and Advisory messages sent from Franklin County Community Schools. If additional help or troubleshooting is needed, please contact Nixle at firstname.lastname@example.org.