September 2021 Educator of the Month

Superintendent, Ms. Tammy Chavis, is thrilled to announce that Mrs. Beth Brown, teacher at Franklin County Middle School, has been selected as September’s “Educator of the Month.” 

Mrs. Brown is in her twenty-fifth year of teaching for Franklin County Community Schools. Mrs. Brown received her Bachelor of Science Degree in Education from Indiana University. She continued her education at Miami University earning her Master of Arts in Teaching Biological Sciences. 

Mrs. Brown was nominated for this honor by a parent. When asked why Mrs. Brown should be considered for this recognition, the parent responded, “My granddaughter needed to be an eLearning student in the fall of 2020 due to her mother’s leukemia and the pandemic. Mrs. Brown kept my granddaughter in her class via Google Meets. My granddaughter was struggling with her mother’s battle and not being with her peers but Beth made it possible for her to still interact with classmates. Mrs. Brown would ask my granddaughter about her mother and include stem cell transplant in her teaching of plant cells. This truly helped my granddaughter cope with her mother’s battle. Mrs. Brown’s class was the highlight of her day and I can’t thank Beth enough for all she did for my granddaughter emotionally.” 

In addition to her teaching responsibilities, Mrs. Brown serves as a Brookville Pool Committee Member and is an active participant of Tri-Kappa. 

When not at school, spending time with family is Beth’s top priority. She is also a huge FC, IU, ND, and Colts sports fan. To sum up her free time, Beth enjoys reading and cooking. 

When asked what she loves most about her job, Mrs. Brown responded, “Working with the students of Franklin County is the highlight of my job! We have some great students who walk our halls and it has been a privilege to be able to teach these terrific individuals. The students are grateful to be in school with their teachers and their friends. At Franklin County Middle School, the pandemic has garnered an appreciation of our school and the importance of community. We have a supportive group of parents who want the very best for their children.” The purpose of the “Educator of the Month” program is to recognize outstanding Franklin County educators who demonstrate excellence in the classroom, leadership in the school, dedication to the students, and involvement in the community. Nomination forms for “Educator of the Month” can be found on the school corporation website at www.fccsc.k12.in.us.