Mrs. Jenny Meier is Named the September 2018 Educator of the Month

Superintendent, Dr. Debbie Howell, is thrilled to kick-off the 2018-19 school year with the announcement that Mrs. Jenny Meier, has been selected as September’s “Educator of the Month.”  Mrs. Meier is currently teaching fourth grade at Mt. Carmel School where she has also taught first, second, and third grades.

Mrs. Meiers began her career at Mt. Carmel School 22 years ago after receiving her Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education from Miami University.  In addition, Mrs. Meiers has earned her Master’s Degree from Indiana Wesleyan. According to the parent who nominated Mrs. Meiers, she is always complimenting and encouraging her students.  She makes a point to get to know them; their likes and dislikes, their hobbies, and outside interests.

Mrs. Meier has served on several school improvement committees and is active in the Franklin County Education Association.  In addition to her teaching duties, Mrs. Meier is a member of St. Michael Church and serves as secretary for the Franklin County Extension Board.  When away from school she enjoys spending time with her family and friends. She loves outdoor activities, such as walking, gardening, and boating.  

According to Mrs. Meier, she feels very blessed to be a teacher at the same school she attended as an elementary student. “Through the years I have had the opportunity to work with dedicated and fun-loving teachers,  many who inspired me to become a teacher in the first place. The best part of my job is my students and knowing that each day brings a new opportunity to make a difference. I love seeing the excitement on their faces when they learn or discover something new and I always enjoy their hugs, notes, stories and comments. Education has changed significantly since I started teaching but I look forward to the new challenges and make it my top priority each year to keep learning fun. One of my greatest joys is when I have former students come up to chat or say hi and tell me something they remember from being in my class. To me, that makes it all worthwhile.  I still believe it’s the most rewarding job of all.”

The purpose of the “Educator of the Month” program is to recognize outstanding Franklin County educators who demonstrate excellence in the classroom, leadership in the school, dedication to the students, and involvement in the community.  Nomination forms for “Educator of the Month” can be found on the school corporation website at www.fccsc.k12.in.us.