April 2018 Educator of the Month

Franklin County Superintendent, Dr. Debbie Howell, is pleased to announce that Mrs. Camille Schultz, has been named April’s “Educator of the Month”.  Several of Mrs. Schultz’ fifth grade students at Mt. Carmel School nominated her for this recognition.

Mrs. Schultz (Rosenberger) is a graduate of Franklin County High School.  She earned her Bachelor in Elementary Education at Indiana University and obtained her Masters in Special Education from Miami University.  This is Mrs. Schultz’ sixth year as a teacher in Franklin County where she teaches fifth grade. In addition to her teaching assignment, Mrs. Schultz serves on the ISTEP Committee and the School Improvement Team.  This year, she is also filling the role as yearbook sponsor at Mt. Carmel School.

Students from her fifth grade class referred to Mrs. Schultz as “the most astonishing person at Mt. Carmel School!”  Words students used to describe Mrs. Schultz included: amazing; wonderful; awesome; and funny. She was also referred to as, “the best math teacher ever.”

Outside of school, Mrs. Schultz is very active in the St. Michael Parish.  She is also a fitness coach, wife, and mother of two. In her free time she enjoys spending time with her family, family farm chores, reading a good book, and reaching her health and fitness goals.

When asked about the best part of her job, Mrs. Schultz responded, “I thoroughly enjoy the staff that I work with, and their continued support. Teaching is not a boring profession, and I enjoy the fact that every day “keeps me on my toes” and that there is never a dull moment. However most of all I enjoy meeting and teaching students who have a passion for learning, for exploring the world, for the desire to become better, and who seize every day for all that it is worth; their wonder and excitement for learning is why I teach.”

The purpose of the “Educator of the Month” program is to recognize outstanding Franklin County educators who demonstrate excellence in the classroom, leadership in the school, dedication to the students, and involvement in the community.  Nomination forms for “Educator of the Month” can be found on the school corporation website at www.fccsc.k12.in.us.