December 2017 Educator of the Month

History has repeated itself.  Mrs. Cindy Andrews, Biology teacher at Franklin County High School, has been named “Educator of the Month” for a second time.  Superintendent, Dr. Debbie Howell, recently released the news that Mrs. Andrews had once again been awarded this recognition.  “Mrs. Andrews was previously named “Educator of the Month” in October of 2015.  She is definitely a beloved teacher at FCHS and I was not surprised to see her nominated a second time.”  According to Howell, Andrews was “speechless” when she heard the news.    

Mrs. Andrews has been teaching science at Franklin County High School for 17 “wonderful” years.  Mrs. Andrews earned her Bachelor of Science Education degree from Indiana University East. Her first teaching position was at Franklin County Hlgh School teaching Science Interactions and Life Science.  She currently teaches Biology Honors and Biology I.

In addition to her teaching duties, Mrs. Andrews is an integral part of the “Freshmen Team”.  She is a familiar face at sporting events, taking tickets, working the gate, or just cheering on the team.  She often helps with many other school related events, such as the After Prom.  

When asked what the best part of her job is, Mrs. Andrews replied, “The best part of my job is being able to convey my love for Biology to my students.”  She often hears students say, “I hated science before, but love it now.”  

The purpose of the “Educator of the Month” program is to recognize outstanding Franklin County educators who demonstrate excellence in the classroom, leadership in the school, dedication to the students, and involvement in the community.  Parents and students are encouraged to nominate outstanding educators for this monthly recognition.  Nomination forms for “Educator of the Month” can be found on the school corporation website at www.fccsc.k12.in.us.