April Educator of the Month

Superintendent, Dr. Debbie Howell, is thrilled to announce that Mrs. Pam Bachus, second grade teacher at Brookville Elementary School, has been selected as April’s “Educator of the Month”.  According to Howell, “Mrs. Bachus is a very dedicated and caring teacher.  She pours her heart and soul into her classroom and develops long lasting relationships with her students and their families.”

Mrs. Bachus has been teaching in the Franklin County School Corporation for 19 years.  Her first teaching job was at St. Gabriel School in Connersville, Indiana.  Mrs. Bachus received her Bachelor Degree in Elementary Education and Special Education from Marian College.  She holds a Masters Degree from Xavier University and is certified in Reading Recovery.  

Mrs. Bachus was nominated for this honor by a parent.  When asked why Mrs. Bachus should be considered for this recognition the parent responded, “Mrs. Bachus has a love for the children and for teaching. She makes sure all of the students understand what  she is teaching, and she goes above and beyond to help every child. She is an excellent example of a perfect teacher!  The Franklin County  School Corporation is lucky to have her.”

Currently, Mrs. Bachus and her husband, Tom, spend all their “free time” restoring their 150 year old farmhouse.  In addition, Mrs. Bachus enjoys flower gardening, reading, and walking.  Family is extremely important to her and one of her greatest gifts is spending time with grandchildren.  

When asked what she loves most about her job, Mrs. Bachus responded, “I love watching the reluctant learner start to build confidence and say, “I can do this on my own now!” as connections are made and it all “clicks.”  The time I spend with each student as I get to know who they are, what they love, and how they learn is the time I treasure the most. Getting the chance to make a difference in the students’ lives so that they know that they can be anything they want to be is an opportunity I cherish.  Coming in each morning to see “my kids” smiling, welcoming faces is what makes each morning worth it. Every single student, and all of those moments, are the reasons I have the best job I could ask for!”

The purpose of the “Educator of the Month” program is to recognize outstanding Franklin County educators who demonstrate excellence in the classroom, leadership in the school, dedication to the students, and involvement in the community.  Nomination forms for “Educator of the Month” can be found on the school corporation website at www.fccsc.k12.in.us.