Athletic Event Tailgating Policy
Franklin County High School
Franklin County Community School Corporation
Athletic Event Tailgating
- Only designated areas may be used for tailgating.
- Organizations, Class Reunions, or large groups should contact Franklin County High School administration for permission to utilize the assigned tailgate area. Individuals and families may tailgate in designated areas provided comply with all other tailgate policies.
- Fans and visitors from opposing teams may tailgate in designated areas provided comply with all other tailgate policies.
- Tailgating in the parking lot may not impede the general flow of traffic or use a space intended for a parked car. Overflow tailgaters will be directed by security or law enforcement officers to designated area.
- Alcohol and tobacco use on all school properties is strictly prohibited . Violators shall be asked to leave the facilities.
- Unless special arrangements are made with the School Administration, set-up may not begin prior to two hours before kick-off/tip-off. Areas must be cleaned and vacated within one hour after the game.
- Driving or parking private vehicles on any and all greenspaces and sidewalks is strictly prohibited.
- Tents or canopies must be secured and may not obstruct sidewalks, drive lanes or pedestrian walkways. Tailgating amenities may not obstruct the same areas. Anchors may not be inserted in parking lot or other hard surfaces.
- Grills must be tended to at all times. Hot coals must be properly disposed of by tailgaters before being left unattended.
- Inappropriate and unsportsmanlike behavior may result in removal from the facility.
Franklin County High School or Franklin County Community School Corporation are not responsible for accidents, damage, loss or theft of materials or personal property.
FCHS Tailgating Policy Printable PDF Version